- 1 What is a disposable respirator?
- 2 Is a disposable respirator the same as a surgical mask?
- 3 When should I wear a disposable respirator?
- 4 What are the possible alternative types of respirators for use in healthcare workplaces?
- 5 3M Disposable Respirator Categories
- 6 What Are the Advantages of 3M Disposable Respirators?
- 7 Buy 2 Boxes of Disposable Respirators
- 8 Get 1 Box for FREE
- 8.1 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 8.2 Where to buy the authentic 3M n95 mask online?
- 8.3 How to wear 3M vflex 9105 respirator ?
- 8.4 What are the differences between mask and respirator?
- 8.5 How to identify which respirator may be preferred for increased worker comfort
- 8.6 How long does a 3M disposable respirator last?
- 9 5 Years
What is a disposable respirator?
According to the American Thoracic Society, a disposable respirator fits over the nose and mouth. It removes very small particles from the air you breathe. These particles include germs (like viruses, bacteria, and mold) and other kinds of dust. A disposable respirator does not have replacement parts. It is meant to be thrown away after use.
Is a disposable respirator the same as a surgical mask?
While disposable respirators look similar to masks used during surgery and other medical procedures, the two are designed for very different purposes. Surgical masks are primarily made to keep particles breathed out by the wearer – for example, saliva or mucus – from contaminating the work environment. Respirators, on the other hand, protect the wearer against potentially hazardous particles created by the work environment.
When should I wear a disposable respirator?
A disposable respirator should be worn:
- when in a moldy building, such as after a flood
- when visiting or caring for someone in the hospital with tuberculosis
- if recommended during an outbreak of influenza (“flu”) or other infection
- if recommended by your doctor
- if required in your workplace
Some people may choose to wear a disposable respirator when doing dusty work in the yard or home.
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have also started to offer disposable respirators such as 3M 9105, 3M 8210, 3M 8110S, 3M 8247 masks, and more which are indispensable to protect employees’ safety and prevent viral infections.
What are the possible alternative types of respirators for use in healthcare workplaces?
ElectGo also offers 3M reusable respirator and Power air-purifying respirators (PAPRs)
Important: A respirator cannot protect you if it does not fit your face.
A respirator can’t give workers all the protection it was designed to provide, unless it is selected and worn correctly during all periods of exposure. That’s why 3M uses a variety of innovative technologies and features designed to enhance user comfort. Disposable respirators require a good seal between the respirator and face to deliver the expected protection.
3M Disposable Respirator Categories
3M Respirator 9105
- Helps provide quality, reliable worker respiratory protection for certain non-oil-based particles.
- It has a unique folded design with 3M proprietary filter media and V-shaped pleats that expand to help make breathing easier
3M Respirator 8247
- Helps provide comfortable protection against certain oil and non-oil based particles – including those with nuisance levels of organic vapors, such as solvents, degreasers, and resins.
3M Respirator 8210
- Breathe easier
- Advanced Electrostatic Media technology enhances particulate capture while reducing breathing resistance.
- Designed with welded strap attachment for greater durability, soft nose foam for more comfort, and adjustable noseclip to help ensure a secure custom seal.
3M Particulate Respirator 8110S
- Small size version similar to classic 8210 N95 respirator.
- 8110S designed to help provide comfortable, reliable worker respiratory protection against certain non-oil based particles.
3M Particulate Respirator 8577
- Help provide reliable respiratory protection of at least 95 percent filtration efficiency against certain oil and non oil based particles.
- A carbon layer reduces exposure to nuisance levels of organic vapors such as solvents, degreasers, and resins.
3M Particulate Respirator 8511
- Reduce inhalation exposures to certain airborne biological particles (examples: mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis), but cannot eliminate the risk of contracting infection, illness, or disease
What Are the Advantages of 3M Disposable Respirators?
3M™ Cool Flow Valve
An efficient exhalation valve minimises heat and moisture build up, particularly in hot and humid work conditions.
|3M™ High Performance Filter Media|
High Performance Filter Media combines the benefits of traditional mechanical filtration with advanced technology filtration to capture particles.
3M™ Foldable Three-Panel
Design This design offers improved comfort, fit and communication – plus the convenience of a foldable respirator. (9300A+ series)
|3M™ Clog-Resistant Welding Respirators |
Particles are trapped throughout the lofty outer layer and then by the inner filter. This prolongs respirator life while maintaining ease of breathing.
Layers of carbon in 3M™ Welding and 3M™ Specialty Respirators are designed to offer relief from the irritation of low levels of specific gases and vapours.
Importance of Fit
3M provides a variety of respirators for customers to select one that fits best on their own face. Fit testing is used to confirm adequate fit and level of protection in the work place.
Adjustment Buckle Straps
Simply pull on the 3M™ Universal Buckle to achieve the optimal comfort and security.
|Confidence in Numbers|
3M has a rich 100-plus-year history of research and innovation, over 40 in respiratory protection alone, and a passion for designing safe, comfortable respirators. The first Saccharin and Bitrex™ qualitative fit test methods were invented by 3M.
Disposable Respirator Promotion
Buy 2 Boxes of Disposable Respirators
Get 1 Box for FREE
Limited Time Only
The promotion is valid from 1st April 2022 to 30th June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Now you can buy authentic 3M N95 Particulate Respirator masks online here at ElectGo. These are the real deal and not some cheap knock-offs. ElectGo has 3M N95 masks in stock and is ready to ship immediately, because ElectGo is a direct distributor for 3M products in Singapore. You’ll have this mask within a few days of ordering instead of having to wait weeks for an order from China or an unknown vendor on Amazon or eBay.
Start Purchasing Now: https://sg.electgo.com/brands/3m/categories/413-personal-protection-equipment-ppe
- Remove the 3M Vflex N95 respirator from its packaging
- Place your fingers on top and your thumbs underneath the nose flip of the respirator then bend slightly at the center
- Open the respirator using both hands and cup it over your face with a nose flip over your nose.
- Take the first strap and stretch it over the back of your neck under your ears and then stretch the second strap to the top of your head
- Check the straps have not become twisted. Adjust until you achieve a comfortable fit using the tabs on the side place fingertips from both hands at the top of your nose and mold the nose piece to achieve a secure seal.
- To test fit cover the front of the respirator with both hands and breathe out sharply. If you feel the air has leaked around the nose, readjust the nose clip. If you feel anything elsewhere, adjust the position of the respirator and the straps then repeat the fit check
According to 3M, The 3M Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask models 1804/1804S, 1860/1860S, 1870, 1870+ have an established 5 year shelf life when respirators are stored in their original packaging within climatic conditions ranging from -4 °F (-20 °C) to +86 °F (+30 °C) and not exceeding 80% RH.
According to 3M, a unique 3M filter material is helping researchers and pharmaceutical companies pursuing therapies and vaccines to treat and protect against COVID-19.