- 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ is a high-performance fire barrier sealant ideal for use on walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Utilizing powerful intumescent technology, it provides up to a 4-hour F-rating in through-penetrations.
- When properly installed, this one-part intumescent latex cures upon exposure to the atmosphere to help control the spread of fire, smoke, and noxious gasses before, during, and after exposure to a fire.
- Versatile 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ meets the intent of LEED® VOC guidelines and is approved for use in more than 600 combined UL and Intertek listings for the most demanding firestop requirements.
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ is part of a family of 3M Fire Protection Products that offers affordable, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial, and residential applications— brought to you by 3M, the #1 brand preferred by firestop contractors.
Features and Benefits
- Versatile for use in multiple firestopping applications
- Listed systems for ratings up to 4 hours
- Water-based and paintable
- More than 600 UL and Intertek listings
- Easy to identify red color
- Easy to apply
- Meets the intent of LEED® VOC guidelines*
- Minimizes noise transfer— STC-Rating of 54 when tested with STC 54-rated wall assembly
- HVAC Ducts and Vents
- Metal Pipe
- Plastic Pipe**
- Blank Openings
- Cable Trays
- Insulated Pipe Applications
- Pipe and Cable Through-Penetrations
- Construction Joints
- Concrete Floors
- Static Construction Joints
*-Helps reduce the quality of indoor air contaminants that may be odorous, irritating, and harmful to the comfort and well-being of the installers and occupants. <250 g/L VOC contents (less H20 and exempt solvents).
**-Check UL directory. Not approved for use with CPVC pipes made using Noveon® resins
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ shall be a one-component, ready-to-use, gun-grade, latex-based intumescent firestop sealant capable of expanding a minimum of 3 times its dried volume when exposed to temperatures above 1000°F (538°C).
- The material shall be thixotropic and shall be applicable to overhead, vertical and horizontal firestops.
- The sealant shall be listed by independent test agencies such as UL, Intertek or FM.
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ shall be tested up to 4 hours in accordance with the criteria of ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) Standard Test Method for Fire Tests of Penetration Firestop Systems, ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079) Standard Test Method for Fire Resistive Joint Systems and CAN/ULC S115 Standard Method of Fire Tests of Firestop Systems. 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant CP 25WB+ meets the requirements of the IBC, IRC, IFC, IPC, IMC, NFPA 5000, NEC (NFPA 70) and NFPA 101.