Miniature circuit breakers (MCBs) ensure electrical safety in homes, offices and other buildings as well as for industrial applications by protecting electrical installations against overloads and short circuits. Once a fault is detected, the miniature circuit breaker automatically switches off the electrical circuit to prevent damage to wires and to avoid the risk of fire. Warranting reliability and safety for people and assets, MCBs are equipped with two tripping mechanisms: the delayed thermal tripping mechanism for overload protection and the magnetic tripping mechanism for short circuit protection.
System pro M compact®
With System pro M compact® ABB offers an extra-wide and complete range of miniature circuit breakers to cover most applications and markets. Our products are compliant to worldwide product standards (IEC, UL, CSA). With over 90 years of experience of innovation in the electrical sector, we offer established and certified quality.
A ranged designed to ensure effiency and protection
The S200 range is designed to protect installations from overloads and short circuits, ensuring reliability and safety under all operating conditions. We feature a broad portfolio that offers solutions for many different applications, either for domestic, small commercial or industrial solutions. Due to approvals according to most major standards it can be used in installations worldwide. Furthermore, the S200 range is fully compatible with a wide range of accessories
- Twin terminal for separate feeding of busbar and conductor
- IP20 – finger safety
- Easy identification of the product and highly resistant laser marking
- Safe your time – all important data available right away
- Quick identification thanks to laser-printed EAN marking
- Contact position indication
- Captive screws – don’t lose what’s important for you
- Whatever your application need is applicable with a wide range of accessories
Save up to 50% more space in the installation
The SN201 MCBs are compact, which makes them well-suited for saving space in the installation. Series 1P+N in 1 module with two different versions with N on the right or on the left according to the different installation habits. Breaking capacity from 3kA to 10kA to cover applications from residential to industrial. Combination possible with system Pro M accessories, after the installation of a dedicated adapter (SN201-IH) acting as auxiliary contact.
- Compact solution
- Easy to install
Wide range with different versions and different quality approvals to cover many different applications
- Different versions with neutral one the left and on the right
- Supply with busbars or cables possible, either from the top or bottom side
- High performance clips to facilitate mounting and dismounting operations, guaranteeing easy removal from a battery of devices supplied with busbars
- Dedicated space for labels to clearly identify the protected lines
- Clear contact status indication with I-ON/ 0-OFF indication in green/red on the toggle
- Simple combination with system Pro M accessories, after the installation of a dedicated (SN201-IH) acting as auxiliary contact.
ABB’s Universal Current MCB for DC and AC applications
The S200 M UC range of miniature circuit-breakers features permanent magnets on the internal arcing chutes able to extinguish an electric arc of up to 500 V DC with Icu = 4.5 kA, thus ensuring flexible control of both direct and alternating currents.
Ideal for industrial application because of the high breaking capacity of 10 kA.
Available in single pole and multipoles, with rated currents from 0.2 to 63 A.
Dedicated traction range S200MTUC with special material for the fire and smoke requirements in traction.
- Safety and protection
MCB with high breaking capacity and a version to meet the traction standards
- High breaking capacity for both, AC and DC currents
- Many approvals to use the MCB all around the world
- All current System pro M compact®accessories can be combined easily with S200 M UC and MTUC
- Contact Position Indicator (CPI), to clearly show the position of the main contacts
UL 489 / CSA 22.2 No. 5 certified branch circuit protection; IEC/EN 60947-2 certified
The miniature circuit breaker series SU 200 is ABB’s solution for UL 489 branch circuit protection. The series consist of the ranges SU200M, SU200ML and SU200MR. SU200M and SU200MR ranges support protection up to 480 Y/277 V AC and 96 V DC. The SU200ML range supports protection up to 240 V AC and 96 V DC. All circuit breakers are all-round devices for AC and DC applications for universal use in North American and global markets due to its approvals acc. to the international standards UL, CSA and IEC.
Flexibility in applications due to the comprehensive range of UL 489 accessories
- High performance MCB with 10 kA interrupting capacity acc. to UL 489 / CSA 22.2 No. 5 and 15 kA breaking capacity acc. to IEC/EN 60947-2
- Certified up to In = 40 A at 480 Y/277 V AC acc. to UL 489 / CSA 22.2 No. 5
- Certified for AC and DC use acc. to UL and CSA
- Clear contact position indication in red/green (”real CPI“)
- Compression (SU200M, SU200ML) and ring tongue terminals (SU200MR) available
Should you have any further clarification, do feel free to contact us below