Ultimate protection of people and equipment
When it comes to electrical hazards, prevention depends on reliability and safety of the electric power distribution.
An accurate protection of people and electrical equipment against leakage currents can be achieved by installing Residual Current Devices (RCDs) which detect an imbalance of the electrical flow and trip assuring indeed protection against earth fault, reducing the risk of death or serious injury and preventing the risk of fire caused by faulty wiring or other appliances. ABB offers a comprehensive range of devices like RCCBs, RCBOs, RCD-blocks, Earth Leakage Relays in order to cope with all the applications in residential, commercial and industrial segments.
ABB offers a comprehensive range of devices like RCCBs, RCBOs, RCD-blocks, Earth Leakage Relays in order to cope with all the applications in residential, commercial and industrial segments.
- Quick and fast wiring operation with cable and busbars.
- Quality international approvals available for each range.
- Comprehensive range of devices: from residential to industrial applications.
- Combinations possible with DIN-Rail System pro M Compact accessories
Residual Current Devices
Ultimate protection of people and equipment
The Residual Current Circuit breaker RCCBs are the safest device to detect and trip against electrical leakage currents, thus ensuring protection against electric shock caused by indirect contacts. These devices must be used in series with an MCB or fuse which protects them from the potentially damaging thermal and dynamic stresses of any overcurrents. They also act as the main disconnecting switches upstream of any derived MCBs (e.g. domestic consumer unit).
- Safety performances ensured worldwide by international marks approval
- High quality execution and attention to details
- Complete range of products and related accessories
- AC, A, B, AP-R types available to ensure protection against all kinds of earth fault currents
- Rated Currents from 16A up to 125A
- Rated I∆n Sensitivity 10, 30mA, 100mA, 300mA, 500mA and 1A
Residual Current Circuit Breaker with Over Current Protection
The range designed to ensure efficiency and protection
RCBOs are commonly used in applications where there is the need to combine protection against overcurrents (overload and short-circuit) and protection against earth leakage currents.
RCBOs help in sensing this kind of fault and trip the circuit ensuring complete protection of the people and connected equipment.
- Complete range
Wide choice of codes to cover main customers needs
- Continuous operation
Easy troubleshooting on the network and reduced downtime for maintenance
- Easy to install
Time saving in wiring operation
- Global availability
Compliant with Local Standards and wide set of Approvals
Residual Current Devices Blocks
Flexibility with uncompromising Safety
Residual Current Blocks – DDA
The DDA Residual Current Blocks DDA200 and DDA800 facilitates the customers to assemble the product with S200/S800 MCBs in order to combine the protection against indirect contacts, offered by a standard RCCBs, with the protection against short circuit and overloads. This flexibility is an added advantage for the ones who desire to maintain the stock level at a minimum, providing a solution for wide range of applications with a handful of RCD blocks.
DDA block are mechanically manufactured to prevent an ill coupling between the block and the breaker: in fact, the rating of the block should always be greater or equal than the rating of the MCB. The side plastic clamp permits a quicker assembly of the block on the MCBs, then a button preserves it from possible disconnections.
- Apt to be connected with the proper MCB preventing wrong coupling
- Fast connection of the incoming terminals of the MCB
- The installation is safe as the coupling elements are not losable
- Complete range of products, even selective
- Remote tripping terminals on 63 A versions
- Test pushbutton to check the responsiveness of the device
- Complete protection against all kinds of leakage currents (AC, A, B, A-APR types available)
- Rated currents from 25A up to 63 A in DDA200 and up to 100A with DDA800. The 125A are available as factory fitted RCBO s
- Sensitivities in 30mA, 100mA, 300mA, 500mA and 1A
- Selective devices
Protecting you and your electrical equipment
Protection Devices ensure security, service continuity e maintenance costs reduction in addition to the MCBs and RCDs ones: Fuse holders and fuses, Hospital equipment, Insulation monitors
- Easy and Safe
- We offer a full range of compact products intended to satisfy the whole set of different customers needs
- Complete product range
- Not only protection! ABB specific products also allow disconnection and switching under load
- Auxiliary elements
- Easy installation in equipment control panels and flexibility for extensions
Direct residual currents may occur in industrial and commercial installations where we usually find frequency inverters, photovoltaic power plants and the presence of corrosive agents or dust.
Protection for large and small buildings is guaranteed thanks to:
Should you have any further clarifications, do feel free to contact us