Cable ties come in different sizes, colors, and materials. Being low in cost, cable ties can be commonly found in most applications that require bundling a bunch of cables or wires together.
Depending on the usage and the way the cable tie has been tightened, it can be cut off or reused.
How to use a cable tie
- Insert the tip with the teeth / jagged part into the head of the cable tie.
- The teeth of the cable tie will be lock while you pull the cable tie towards the head
- If the tie did not manage to lock, re-do and turn over the cable tie to its right direction
- If you do not intend to re-use the tie, you may cut off the end for a neater look.
Examples of different cable ties
- Coloured cable ties are mainly used for identifying cable groups.
- Marker ties can be written on to identify what the cable tie is holding on for.
- Releasable cable ties are on a pricey end as compared to the normal ones as it can be re-used multiple times.