- 1 What is the Main Difference between TeSys U and TeSys T?
- 2 Tesys U Motor Starter
- 3 TeSys T Motor management system
What is the Main Difference between TeSys U and TeSys T?
- TeSys “U” is a motor starter used instead of the conventional starting methods (Motor CB + Contactor + Thermal Overload) and it provides full coordination performance and is used up to 15 KW
- TeSys “T” is a motor protection relay that supports different types of communication (Profibus – Modus – Ethernet …) and is used for motor protection of the LV level from under & over voltage, frequency changes, reversing power direction, and many other LV protection functions.
Tesys U Motor Starter
The TeSys U motor starter is integrated, making it simple to choose and install. It consists of a control unit snapped in a power base. TeSys U can be configured to fit specific applications as well. Optional accessories include a reverser, a current limiter, predictive maintenance options, and communication options.
TeSys U is the most compact solution for motor starters. Enabling direct-on-line or reversing motor control, as well as drive protection. TeSys U provides as standard total coordination, up to 50 kA short-circuit currents under 400V (25 kA for 38 A rating).
Features of TeSys U
45 mm wide only, TeSys U all-in-one motor starters protect and control motors forward and reverse.
Choice of control voltages (electronic coils) :
- 24 V AC / DC, low consumption
- 48…72 V DC / 48 V AC
- .220 V DC / 110…240 V AC
- 50 kA Icu, up to 32 A (15 kW motors) under 400 V
- 25 kA Icu at 38A (18,5 kW motors)
- Total coordination (IEC 60 947-6-2) as standard
- 6 setting ranges, altogether covering all ratings from 0.15 to 32 A,
- Choice of tripping classes (tripping times): 10, 20, or selectable 5 thru 30
- Test button
LUCM multi-function control unit (up to 32A rating) features a user interface for advanced diagnosis and control.
- Instantaneous currents
- Number of trips and types of the last 5
- Number of starts, of operating hours
- Selection of protection pre-alarms
- Short-circuit tripping current
- Phase unbalance tripping threshold
- Thermal protection class (tipping times)
- Jammed rotor and under-current protections
Various options through additional plug-and-play modules:
- Auxiliary contacts
- Motor load/overload monitoring
- Digital communication (Modbus, Ethernet, CANopen, etc.)
- Reverse starter in 45 mm only frame
Benefits of TeSys U
Simple, efficient, modular, and compact, the TeSys U motor starter adapts to a wide range of applications. It is one of the first intelligent starters capable of integrating motor control, control, and changeover functions in a unit 45 mm wide. The device provides a short circuit breaking capacity of 50 kA with perfect coordination.
- Simple to Maintain: Modular, plug & play structure helps you to perform quick maintenance
- Easy to Install and Use: Only one power base for all control units up to 38 A
- Efficient: Safe up to 45% of the time for installation and wiring
- Flexible: Wire the starter completely in the workshop, define the motor on-site with plugin of the control unit
- Compact: Save up to 57% of cabinet space, reversing starter only 45 mm wide
- Intelligent: Direct access to detailed information for every motor starter of your installation
- Safe: Mirror contact as standard
- Advanced: Advanced motor management
- TeSys U all-in-one motor starter is dedicated to direct on line (including reverser) motor control applications.
- Thanks to the high compactness and outstanding flexibility, it can be well adapted to all types of machines.
- The strong communication capabilities, high breaking capacity, and total coordination make it highly suitable for process application.
TeSys T Motor management system
TeSys T is a smart motor management system. When associated with a short circuit protection device and a contactor, the device provides full motor monitoring, control, and protection for electrical motors.
Feautres of Tesys T
The TeSys T motor management system provides protection, metering and monitoring functions for single-phase and 3-phase AC motors up to 1000 A.
TeSys T is a smart system that can be adapted to any customer request with Custom Logic and is natively connected to any PLC on 6 protocols.
The range is comprised of three components:
- Main Controller: provides current-based protection and monitoring, communication, control, and statistics features.
- Optional expansion module: adds voltage, power, and energy measurement
- HMI: a flexible option to quickly monitor and commission a TeSys T system. Control features are also available through the HMI
Benefits of TeSys T
TeSys T is a compact, smart, and easy to select a product that can be fully integrated into any automation system or connected to any PLC of the market. Advanced protection, monitoring, and pre alarming will dramatically increase process availability (less downtime) and reduce operating costs.
- Fully open, it communicates with Ethernet protocols: Modbus/TCP and EtherNet/IP, Modbus, CANopen, DeviceNet, PROFIBUS DP protocols.
- Designed to fit in IEC and NEMA MCC, it integrates 10 predefined control schemes and one custom mode that adapts control mode, product behavior, and even protections to any requests.
- TeSys T can be controlled through its terminal strip, HMI, or communication port. Having a central control in TeSys T will reduce the complexity of your installation, reduce the need for auxiliary equipment, save space and reduce costs.
- Fully integrated into Blokset, Okken, and Model 6 iPMCC TVDA, Advantys STB solution, and in the Foxboro DCS.
- TeSys T is quickly becoming a worldwide standard thanks to its flexibility. Lots of customers in Metal/Mining/Mineral, Oil & Gas, Water Wastewater, and other types of applications trust TeSys T to deliver.
- TeSys T is highly reliable and has a very long product life thanks to a state-of-the-art component selection (FRAM memory, Flexrigid PCB, etc.) to the all-in-one design and advanced electronic protection.
- TeSys T Ethernet version enjoys a daisy chain loop for the higher redundant system.
Prediction and Energy Management
- TeSys is able to accurately monitor current, voltage, and power over a wide range and features advanced protection and warning functions. This accuracy is key for effective protection and preventive maintenance.
- The advanced protection and warning functions will allow TeSys T to predict process shutdowns and manage processes more efficiently.
- The power monitoring capabilities make TeSys T a green motor management system because it can help to better manage energy consumption.
- TeSys T is fully integrated into Powerlogic systems to fully utilize its power and energy monitoring capabilities.
Applications of TeSys T
The TeSys T range is designed for the management of critical processes in a harsh environment for applications such as:
- Water Wastewater
- Oil & Gas
- Mining and Mineral
- Food & Beverage