Uncompromising safety and comfort
Your safety always comes first, miniature circuit breakers (MCBs) will protect electrical installations from overloads and short circuits, ensuring safety anywhere.
Miniature circuit breakers, equipped with 2 tripping mechanisms for overload and short circuit protection, help ensure no fire hazards whilst also protecting wires once a fault is detected.
Below is some basic household application of the MCBs. Guide to MCB selection and installation.
All installations must be done by a fully qualified electrician on site. DO well to contact an electrician at sg.electgo.com they will get the job done. And note that there are certain standards that most domestic wiring schemes adhere to.
- 6 Amp- for standard lighting circuits
- 10 Amps- large lighting circuits- These are becoming rare in domestic settings as a result of changes in technological trends tending towards lower lighting sources such as LED
- 16 Amps and 20 Amps- usually these two ratings are used in boilers and heaters depending on the power rating.
- 32 Amp – Ring Final. The technical term for a power circuit or sockets. A two-bedroom apartment, for example, can have 2 x 32A power circuits to separate downstairs and upstairs sockets. Larger apartments can have any number of 32 A circuits.
- 40 Amp – Cookers / electric hobs / small showers
- 50 Amp – 10kw Electric showers / Hot tubs.